Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Ramblings

I am not sure what the deal is, but I just have not been in a "blogging" mood for a while. In an effort to do better I will try to catch up on the last month.
First, we went to the open house at the Draper Temple. It was great. Beautiful as you would expect and a great spirit there. They did something that I have not seen done before. They took us in groups into a sealing room and talked to us about what happens there and what it means. I felt that this was a great addition to the tour. I am so grateful for the blessings of the temple and the peace that it brings to me.
Second, Jordan is in the middle of his mission application process. He will be meeting with the Stake President on Thursday evening and then the application should go on to the church. We are expecting his call to come by the end of the month. It is amazing to reach this point. His life long goal is being realized and we are happy for him. His friend Ben got his call last week to New Zealand and that has really increased the reality of this for us.
Third, our water heater is on the outs. It is only a year old and is under warranty. In fact the problem must be wide spread because when I called there was an option just for these models. I just got out of an eye opening, cold shower. It is amazing how pampered we are. Our homes are kept warm or cool without much thought from us. We expect to have power at the touch of a switch. We don't even think about hot water most of the time. Times like these make me grateful for those who came before us. Today the part should arrive and then we can schedule its installation. Three days without hot water will soon be a distant memory.

2 comments:

Manda Jane Clawson said...

You guys are welcome to come use our warm water anytime!

Brandie B. said...

That stinks, cold showers are the worst!