Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sacred Title..

I have been thinking about times when people use the title of Mother. We have Mother Earth, Mother Nature, Mother Country and so many others. I am bothered by the use of Mother in these settings. The earth is not my Mother. It is a home prepared for use by our heavenly parents and I am grateful. But it does not deserve the sacred title of Mother.

On this Mother's Day I choose to honor what a Mother truly is. The Mothers in my life have given me more than I can possibly explain. But the most important thing is true love. When I think of myself as a child, I see a boy very unsure of his own worth. A boy who wondered if this world held a place for him. And, through all those feelings of uncertainty I always knew that there were those who loved me. I think of my home, the home of my grandparents. These were places of comfort and peace for me. Places where I was always welcomed and accepted.

Now as as man I have my home where the Mother of our family makes me feel that same way. I know that she is always there for me, that she loves me and loves our children. I know that she will always stand up for me. She will help me to be better than I am.

Thank you to all women who look after all of us who truly never stop needing a little Mothering.

2 comments:

Mandy sue said...

Awe very sweet I love it :D

Mandy sue said...

Happy Birthday!