Thursday, September 17, 2009

DOOM-ed

Years ago I was pretty hooked on the video game DOOM. I would play through the free version from end to end about once a month and had done so for over a year. Slowly my interest faded.

In the last few weeks, I took Jordan's XBox 360 and hooked it up to my little HDTV in the sew-den (half sewing room and half den). I noticed that Jordan had gotten the XBox version of the old classic and had installed it. I thought I would give it a try. It has taken me a while to get used to the controls but going through the first episode that I still know so well was a good way to get started.

So, here I am well on my way through the second episode and having a great time. I am still hitting wrong buttons at times and suffering the consequences. I also am working hard to not roll my chair left or right when I want to move my character.

I am happy to say that the fun I remember is still there. Who knows, once I am done with DOOM maybe I will give Halo a try. Everyone should sleep better knowing that I am once again keeping the world safe from the alien menace.