Sunday, September 20, 2009

I guess I am getting old

There are times when you realize that you are getting old. Last night was one of those for me. We went to dinner for Dylan's 14th birthday to Buca di Beppo and found ourselves in a room with 60 kids from different high schools on their homecoming dates.

The first thing I noticed that was there were only two or three girls that had dresses that I would have let my daughter out of the house in. The others must have been on sale due to the lack of material. The next thing I thought was how grateful I am to be done with this type of activity. So, I guess that means my kids are old. The noise level was off the chart, and that is saying something since we can get a little noisy by ourselves.

The last thing I thought of was yes, I may be getting older, but I really don't care. I have no desire to go back in time. I especially thought of how I would never want to go back to the high school days.

Like everyday, there is something to enjoy just being in it. This day was no exception.

No comments: