Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dads Day..

Several years ago I was in a job interview and a lady on the panel asked one of those questions that she must have just gotten out of a book. It was "if you had a T-shirt with one word on it to describe you, what would it say?". I am sure that my answer was not what she had in mind. I said my one word would be DAD. Of all the roles I play in life being a husband and dad are the most important to me. I most likely will never be a CEO or a CIO, but that is fine with me. As long as I can look back and say that I did an OK job with my family I will be happy.

Last night Jordan got home from his last scout camp and I was excited to see him and hear all about it. I share that same excitement whenever Amanda and Scott come and spend time with us. This time with my family is worth the world to me.

So on this Dads Day I want to thank my wife and kids for always being there for me.

2 comments:

John Boyd said...

Jane says,
You are the best husband and dad! We appreciate all you do for us. We love you!

Manda Jane Clawson said...

Sorry, I'm a jerk and didn't comment but I second what Mom said! Love you Dad!!!