Friday, June 20, 2008

Quick Trip

I got home yesterday from a quick trip down to Panguitch. I went down late in the day Wednesday. Yesterday morning I got up and went over to the Flying M for a short stack of pancakes. It is a great old diner with old farmers drinking their morning coffee at the counter. A few tourists coming in for breakfast before heading out on their day in the canyons. I then went over to the hospital to meet with the doctors and their staff. It was nice to have them block out time on their schedules for us to meet. They even had typed up a list of questions. It was a really good session.

We were done earlier than I expected so I decided to go home on old highway 89. I is a beautiful drive through a canyon and past the Big Rock Candy Mountain. It reminded me of those trips to Panguitch when I was young. I am sure that that road was at least twice as long back then. As I remember it took about two weeks to make that drive. It is now a pleasure to travel through this wonderful state where I live.

1 comment:

Spaceman Spiff said...

i'm assuming you live in southern utah... i do too. i'm the best friend of manda's friend...

have you ever eaten in the little burger diner at the intersection of US-89 and UTAH-14? it's good stuff...