Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A Theme..

What I got for Christmas.

This year for Christmas I got a USB turntable. I think everyone should have a USB turntable. (if they have old records) For those who hear the word record and say "what?", records are big black round things that have music on both sides.

Back to the "theme". This USB turntable is allowing me to convert all my old vinyl music to mp3 files. It is taking a long time, but I am having a great time doing it. I am getting the chance to go through my old record collection. I have found albums that I forgot I had and hearing great songs that I have not heard in years. It is amazing how a song can bring back memories of things and times you have not thought of for years. I remember very clearly the high school assembly where they played Carry on Wayward Son by Kansas and the Song and Yell where they played I'm Sailing Away by Styx. Great memories, great songs. Of course the added benefit is that a cheap guy like me doesn't have to re-buy this music to get it on my Ipod. The day will come when I will have completed this process. Scott's dad is already waiting to get his chance to use this great gadget. Of course I am always on the look out for the next electronic toy. I'll keep you posted regarding what Santa should put in his sack for next year.

1 comment:

Heather B Allred said...

John,

I love to read your blog. You make me laugh almost every day! Or when you wrote about our grandparents you made me laugh and cry.
Thank you!
Love, Heather