Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Four Letter Words

I want to start with a word of warning today. I will be talking about dirty four letter words. (Parents, watch your children).

I was raised with a grandfather who was a master at the colorful metaphor. These words rolled off his tongue with no effort or thought. A four letter word by it's self is bad enough, but when you give it a companion, well you know the rest.

Today I am talking about a pair of vial words put together to make up something horrible. These words are "YARD WORK". We have reached that time of year that no matter how much you try to avoid them, every time you step out the door they are in your face. To make matters worse there are those sick and twisted people that seem to enjoy it. We have a house in our neighborhood that just about makes me sick. I do not know these people, but I call their home Duloc and him Lord Farquad. It is indeed the perfect place. I wonder if people like this really enjoy the work, or if they just enjoy making the rest of us feel bad as we pass by.

I have been putting things off as long as I could, so this morning I was out getting the flower beds ready for planting. We should get the flowers planted tonight. We have also added another tree to the back yard and are looking for another. Like most "work" "yard work" is an opposite of fun. Of course like most "work" there is a sense of accomplishment when the job is done. Hey who knows, maybe I can help someone else feel a little guilty that their flowers aren't in yet.

1 comment:

Manda Jane Clawson said...

Well you have beat us! We still have A LOT to do! :) and yes those two 4-letter words sometimes make us want to say some other 4-letter words ;)