Thursday, May 8, 2008

Grandma Flora

After Grandma Bracken died, grandpa remarried. We were are sure glad that he picked so well. Grandma Flora was as much a grandmother to me as anyone could ever be. She was a good companion to grandpa, and treated us just like we were her own. I still have several pairs of the hand made slippers she made and gave each Christmas. The hand made quilt she gave us for our wedding is something that we treasure. She was very thoughtful and paid close attention to things that meant something to people. She had labels on many items in her home to insure that they went to the person she wanted to have them.

She was so good to Jane and my children also. She made things for them and continued to be a fantastic grandmother to all of them. She was such a blessing in our lives. At her funeral the moment that really made me sad was when my cousin Jeff spoke and said that he now realized what he had missed out on by now allowing her to be grandmother to him. He was right.

I feel that grandma Isabell had great love for grandma Flora because she loved and cared for those whom she loved. My life has been blessed to have had a third grandma.

No comments: