Thursday, May 15, 2008

Get at it...

There is no question that spring is here. I see more birds every morning as I am out and about. I am noticing a few things as I watch them. First I hear their singing. I don't claim to speak bird very well, but their songs sound pretty joyful to me. I also see them going about doing what they do. The thing that strikes me as I watch them is the energy with which they go about it. They don't waste time or move slow, they just get at it.

It seems there are lessons here for us. We should take joy in the daily tasks that are there before us. We should get at it, and get our work done. We should also have faith that if we do our part things will work out. Spending time thinking about what might have been, or wishing for what may be in the future gets us no where. We should follow this example, get at it and be happy today.

No comments: