Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Whats that hissing sound?

Yesterday, Jane got out of her car in the garage at lunch time and heard a loud hissing sound. As she walked around the vehicle she could see that a rear tire was going flat. I was already on my way home for lunch. We traded cars and I changed the tire. I then dropped the flat off to get fixed on my way back to work. This is the second time that she has had a flat since we got this vehicle. Both times it went flat in our own garage. As I was changing the tire I was so grateful that I wasn't on the side of the road somewhere.

Like most things in life, when I took a moment to look for it, there was indeed a reason to be grateful. I remember a day in my old truck when the clutch was going out. I was praying so hard that I could get to the mechanic without dying on the road. My prayer was answered. It was really cold day (about 20 degrees). I learned an important lesson about prayerer that day. Pray for what you really need. On this day I just didn't think about the whole trip. I prayed that I could get the truck to the shop, but forgot to say anything about getting to work afterwards. As I walked the two miles to the office in the brisk morning air, I could be nothing but grateful that my prayer was answered. I decided my prayers would be more specific in the future.

No comments: